Millie’s Mark: The ‘Gold Standard’ in Paediatric First Aid
Millie’s Mark is a new standard to be displayed by nurseries who have achieved gold-standard provision. The certificate will help to give parents assurance that their child is being cared for by safe and knowledgeable staff. The new proposals will mean newly qualified staff with a childcare level 2 and 3 qualification must have an emergency paediatric first aid or full paediatric first aid certificate – a life-saving change that will add approximately 15,000 additional trained early years professionals to our nurseries and pre-schools each and every year.
Millie’s Mark is named after Millie Thompson, who tragically died as a result of choking on food at a nursery in Stockport in 2012. Her parents, Dan and Joanne Thompson, set up Millie’s Trust in her name. Their important campaign culminated in an e-petition signed by over 103,000 people.
This award given by the NDNA aims to:
- Raise standards in paediatric first aid
- Increase numbers of first aid-trained staff
- Increase competency in applying first aid
- Enabling staff to respond quickly in emergencies
- Raise the quality and skills of the early years workforce and helping them with day-to-day first aid issues, such as allergies
- Provide reassurance to parents.
At Centaur we offer three different modes of study to complete the Level 3 Early Years Paediatric First Aid Training course:
- We can run a course at your venue for up to 24 people per course and because it is a group booking we can offer a discount meaning prices start at £41.50 per person! Find out more about hosting your own training course here.
- We host training courses at our Leyland, Lancashire venue on weekdays and weekends throughout the year. These are on specific dates and you can view all the details here.
- We also host training courses on four week nights throughout the month from 6-9pm nightly if you struggle to make courses during the day. You can view the dates of these courses and more information about our evening course here.
If all your staff are already first aid trained please contact email@example.com to apply for Millie’s Mark. You can also find out more information about the award via their website www.milliesmark.com and the organization behind the award at www.milliestrust.com
To book or enquire about one of our courses please contact us on 01772 433080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also visit our website at www.centaurtraining.co.uk