Courses Held at Centaur
3 Hour Annual First Aid Refresher
This refresher course will provide qualified first aiders an opportunity to update and recap their skills. 10am – 1pm
We have developed this 3 hour refresher session for first aiders in all environments. The 3 hour session will be delivered by one of our experienced trainers. You will deal with the most effective treatments for injuries, focusing on the skills that you learnt in the original training course. With the group, you will also discuss the responsibility that you have as the first aider and the relevant laws that you will need to follow. Practical demonstrations and exercises will be included in the training session so that you’re prepared for all of the different medical situations that you could face.
To refresh the student’s knowledge and understanding of first aid so that they are able to deliver effective medical treatment.
After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Explain your role as first aider and the responsibilities that you have
- Use medical equipment safely
- Report an incident in line with your rules regulations as well as legal requirements
- Demonstrate the correct way to administer first aid for a range of situations, including choking, bleeds, shock, seizures, abdominal pains and unconsciousness. You will also be able to treat a child suffering from burns or scolds, injured their bones, banged their head or suffered an anaphylactic shock
- Recognise and respond to a person having an asthma attack, has been crushed, poisoned or is suffering from smoke inhalation
- Explain the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Who is the programme for?
This course is intended for anyone holding a current Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work certificate. This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you want it to be accredited by Qualsafe when booking.
First Aid – What do I need
It is recommended that employers conduct a new risk assessment regularly so that they select the most appropriate course and number of first aiders for their business. This involves consideration of a number of factors including hazards and risks in your workplace, number of employees, accident history, lone workers and distribution of workforce.
If you are unsure on what first aid provisions you require, please click the link below to complete our requirements calculator. It uses up-to-date HSE recommendations to find the right course for you, quickly and easily.