Courses Held at Centaur
ASIST (Suicide Intervention & Prevention Training)
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Training) is a 2 day workshop and is the most widely used suicide intervention training programme in the world. The workshop develops the skills to recognise and provide suicide first aid to persons at risk of suicide and teaches participants.
1-2 days (Tailored for your needs)
We can also proivde a safeTALK which is a 3 hour session helping people to idnetify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aiders or emergency services.
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- Seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- Review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behaviour for an agreed amount of time
- Follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed