Courses Held at Centaur
Children’s and Young Persons Mental Health and Wellbeing
Suitable for anyone who is working with children, in particular those who have departmental or Line Manager responsibility, those in Senior Leader...
Module A1 – Promoting Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing
- You will know how to apply your legal and professional obligations regarding the laws, Guidance and expectations of regulatory bodies in relation to Mental Health and wellbeing.
- Undertake an evaluation process to identify the suitability of your organisation’s existing wellbeing strategies.
- Understanding the 5 ways to wellbeing theory and explore how this theory can be applied at a personal/departmental level in your organisation.
- Understand the 4 stages of behaviour how these stages apply to individuals and develop dedicated strategies to manage behaviour.
- Introduce a Mental Health and Wellbeing Development plan for your setting.
Module A2 – Building strong foundations using the step model of care
- Identify vulnerbale groups within your organisation that have a higher risk of developing poor mental health.
- Recognise the early signs and symptoms of a child or young person developing poor mental health.
- Know how your organisation can help vulnerable groups understand the application of the Step Model of Care within your organisation.
- Produce and implement a wellbeing action plan to support individuals/groups with symptoms of poor health.
- Explore ideas and supporting activities to promote mental health and wellbeing at level 1 of the Step Model for your organisation’s setting Continue the Mental Health and Wellbeing Development Plan.
Module A3 – Creating a Mental Health and Wellbeing Development Plan
- How to use Wellbeing strategies to inspire good mental health across your organisation.
- Implementing a staff wellbeing action plan understand the methodology to complete the 7 steps of a Wellbeing action plan.
- Priorities and Targets.
- Action required.
- Resources required.
- Who will be leading.
- What success will look like.
- Time frame.
Module B1 – Mental Health Awareness
- Understand how to recognize possible signs and symptoms of a child or young person that has mental ill health.
- Understanding Mental Health and its stigma.
- Using a mental health action plan for those developing poor mental health.
- Know how to use a screening questionnaire.
- Recognise common mental health problems and know how to offer appropriate help for Stress, bereavement and loss.
Module B2 – Common Mental Health Problems
- Identifying specific mental health problems.
- Recognise possible signs and symptoms of the different mental health illnesses.
- Know how to use a mental health action plan to support someone with the following: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, OCD, PTSD.
- Appropriate signposting and knowledge of available support using the Stepped model of Care.
Module B3 – Suicide Awareness and Specific Mental Health problems
- Identifying more complex mental health problems.
- Recognise possible signs and symptoms of complex mental health issues.
- Know how to use a mental health action plan to support someone who is Self-Harming.
- Suicidal Feelings.
- Know how to use the Step Model of Care and how to access support from outside organisations.
- Making a referral to CYPMHS.
Awarding Body – FAIB
Course Duration – 2 Days (9:30 – 16:00)