Courses Held at Centaur
COVID-19 – Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace
Understanding how COVID-19 and other infections are transmitted and what measures should be put in place to prevent and control their spread in t...
Duration: Approximately 2 hours
Verifiable CPD points: 2
Course Aim: To provide all employers and employees with an understanding of how COVID-19 and other infections are transmitted and what measures should be put in place to prevent and control their spread in the workplace.
This course is based on Public Health and HSE Guidelines for working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
Assessment and Certification
Learners are assessed through self-checks as they progress through the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment.
On successful completion, learners can download a CPD certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training.
Access: This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish
Features: Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course
Course content :
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- 5 Step Plan to Working Safely during coronavirus
- What to do if someone at work has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Face Coverings
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Premises and Equipment
- Managing Waste Safely
- Useful Resources – including posters to display in your workplace