Courses Held at Centaur
Equality and Diversity
This course gives a general awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity, 1 day 9:30 – 3:00
This course gives a general awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity and is designed for anyone working with people.
Programme duration – Full day
Aim: For students to have a better understanding in recognising and respecting differences
Student(s) will be able to identify and describe;
- Understand the different types of prejudice and discrimination
- Understand why it is important to respect and preserve people’s ethnic, religious, cultural and linguistic background
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and its limits in line with policy and procedure
- Understand the Social Model of Disability and how it relates to your work and the needs of others around you.
- Understand how you can support and encourage people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self worth and make a positive contribution
- Relevant legislation