Courses Held at Centaur
Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
Every workplace needs a designated first aider and this course gives the training required. 1 day 9am – 5pm
This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. Topics within this qualification are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace
To provide Emergency First Aiders with the knowledge & skills to summon help & give safe, prompt & effective emergency first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness using materials to hand and/or HSE approved first aid equipment.
Upon completion of training, all successful students will be able to:
- Explain their understanding of the role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions in line with employers policy and procedures
- Explain the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Demonstrate how to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in a seizure, someone who is wounded or bleeding and or/in shock, choking, or suffering from minor injuries in the workplace.
- Demonstrate how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively on an adult casualty
Who is the programme for?
The Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work is suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace. This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you want it to be accredited by Qualsafe when booking. For more information visit our accreditations page.
First Aid – What do I need
It is recommended that employers conduct a new risk assessment regularly so that they select the most appropriate course and number of first aiders for their business. This involves consideration of a number of factors including hazards and risks in your workplace, number of employees, accident history, lone workers and distribution of workforce. If you are unsure on what first aid provisions you require, please click the link below to complete our requirements calculator. It uses up-to-date HSE recommendations to find the right course for you, quickly and easily. First Aid Requirements Calculator