Courses at Your Location
Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Every workplace needs a designated first aider and this course provides the required training.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
This qualification is ideal for those working, or preparing to work within industry who wish to become a First Aider within their workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. Topics included in this qualification are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important in maintaining prompt, safe and effective treatment of injuries and ill health within the workplace.
To provide Emergency First Aiders with the knowledge and skill to summon help and give prompt, safe and effective emergency first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an illness or injury using materials to hand or HSE approved first aid equipment.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Explain the role of the first aider, including the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions in line with their organisations policy and procedures
- Explain the need for basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Demonstrate how to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in a seizure
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively on an adult casualty
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid promptly, safely and effectively to a casualty who is wounded, bleeding and or/in shock
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid promptly, safely and effectively to a choking casualty or someone who is suffering from minor injuries in the workplace
Who is the programme for?
The Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work course is suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, completing the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work enables the candidate to act as a first aider within the workplace. This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee dependant on your needs. Please let us know if you want it to be accredited by Qualsafe upon booking. Contact us on 01772 433080 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an enquiry or to book.