Courses at Your Location
Level 2 Food Safety
The Level 2 Food Safety course provides students with a complete understanding of food safety within the workplace.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
This course provides students with a thorough understanding of food safety. It outlines the importance of food safety procedures, safe food handling, risk assessment and correct kitchen behaviour. During the one day course, you will consider how to prevent food contamination, why personal hygiene is essential and the best way to clean equipment and work surfaces. Upon completion of the course, you will know how to safely store, cook, prepare, reheat, chill, serve and transport food. Our trainers will demonstrate how to regulate temperature control in the kitchen, which will help when it comes to storing food, taking deliveries and rotating stock. At the end of the day, you will be assessed on your understanding of the topics.
To increase the delegate’s knowledge and understanding of food safety in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of food safety procedures, safe food handling and risk assessment
- Explain why individuals are responsible for food safety and hygiene
- Give reasons why personal hygiene is essential in the kitchen
- Correctly report food safety hazards and state the legal responsibilities of food handlers
- Explain the most effective way of cleaning work surfaces and equipment to reduce the risk of contamination
- Cook, store and handle food safely
- Deal with food spillage correctly
- Understand why temperature control is needed
- Control stock effectively
Who is the programme for?
This course is designed for staff who prepare food in the workplace. Students are not required to hold a prior Food Safety certificate in order to attend this course. Many catering-orientated jobs require employees to be qualified to this level as a minimum, so you should consider completing the training if you want to work with food. The topics covered are seen by the Foods Standards Agency as being highly important in maintaining good safety and hygiene. This programme is accredited by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC). The course price of £650 + VAT is for a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 20. To book this course please contact us on 01772 433080 or email us at email@example.com stating your requirements.