Courses at Your Location
Level 3 First Aid at Work Course
This course teaches students the relevant first aid skills and procedures within the workplace.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
Our Level 3 First Aid at Work course will increase your knowledge and understanding of first aid within the workplace. During the three day course, you will learn about cross infection, incident management, basic safety equipment use and how to report emergencies in line with your organisations regulations. You will be shown how to appropriately treat someone who is choking, bleeding or suffering from shock. Our trainers will explain the best way to deal with life threatening conditions such as unconsciousness, seizures or a non-breathing casualty. You will also be shown how to handle a situation where the casualty is having a heart attack, cardiac arrest, suffering from anaphylaxis and asthma. All students will be assessed by our experienced trainers throughout the course and will receive theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject.
The aim of the Level 3 First aid at Work is to provide students essential, life-saving skills which will prepare them for basic and emergency medical care in the workplace.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain their role as the first aider and their duties within the workplace. They will be able to reference all available medical equipment and when it is appropriate to use this equipment.
- Explain how to report emergencies in line with their employer’s safety regulations
- Demonstrate how to provide medical treatment for a range of situations including choking, shock asthma, bleeds, unconsciousness and seizures
- Understand the importance of hygiene in first aid
- Treat patients who have injuries to their bones, had a bang to their head, require CPR, suffering from anaphylactic shock or having breathing problems
- Demonstrate prompt and effective casualty care, movement and management
- Explain how you can quickly and effectively treat someone who’s been crushed, burned, poisoned, exposed to smoke inhalation or has abdominal pain/injury
Who is the programme for?
This course is essential for anyone who needs an understanding of first aid in the workplace. The Level 3 First Aid at Work certification is essential for anyone who is the designated first aider in their company. This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you want the course to be accredited by Qualsafe when booking. There must be a minimum of 6 people for this course to run. Contact us on 01772 433080 or via email at email@example.com to make an enquiry or to book.