Courses Held at Centaur
Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification
Our Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification is perfect for those who need to refresh and continue certification. 2 days 9am – 5pm
All first aiders need to be requalified within 3 years of their certification date. Our Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification will help to refresh your memory when it comes to first aid and safety in the workplace. During this 2 day course, you will learn how to deal with a range of situations, including those which are minor and life-threatening. The programme covers cross infection, basic equipment use, incident management and how to report emergencies in line with your company’s procedures. We will show you how to effectively treat patients in life threatening situations; for example, if they are unconscious, bleeding, choking, in shock, suffering from a seizure or aren’t breathing. Treatment of heart attacks, anaphylaxis, asthma and cardiac arrest will also be covered in this training course. You will be assessed by the trainer throughout the course and you will also be given practical and theoretical tests.
To revisit key areas of first aid with the student so that they have adequate knowledge to deal with minor and urgent medical problems in the workplace.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain what their role is as first aider and have knowledge of the basic safety equipment
- Report an incident in line with your company’s rules and regulations
- Demonstrate the correct way to administer first aid for a range of situations, including choking, bleeds, shock, seizures, abdominal pains and unconsciousness. Student will also be able to treat someone who has burns or scolds, injured their bones, banged their head or suffered anaphylaxis
- Recognise and respond to a person having an asthma attack, has been crushed, poisoned or is suffering from smoke inhalation
- Explain the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Who is the programme for?
Candidates who hold a current First Aid at Work qualification may undertake this course. Their current certificate must not have expired more than three calendar months before completing the two day requalification. The Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification is the perfect course for anyone who wants to renew their qualification so that they can continue in the role of company first aider.
This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you want it to be accredited by Qualsafe when booking.
First Aid – What do I need
It is recommended that employers conduct a new risk assessment regularly so that they select the most appropriate course and number of first aiders for their business. This involves consideration of a number of factors including hazards and risks in your workplace, number of employees, accident history, lone workers and distribution of workforce.
If you are unsure on what first aid provisions you require, please click the link below to complete our requirements calculator. It uses up-to-date HSE recommendations to find the right course for you, quickly and easily.