Courses Held at Centaur
Level 3 First Aid at Work (Blended Learning)
This comprehensive course is for people intending to act as a First Aider at Work and complies fully with l HSE guidelines.
Part 1 involves completing our interactive E-Learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is 2 days of face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus 2 multiple choice assessment papers
The E-Learning module will take up to 6 hours to complete
plus 2 days of face to face training (9:00 – 5:00)
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised FAIB accredited First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.