Level 3 Full Early Years Paediatric First Aid Training – BP
Designed for people who work with children to ensure they can act safely and effectively in an emergency. This course is run over two days.
Our Level 3 Early Years Paediatric First Aid Training Course has been specifically designed for those who regularly work with children. The 12 hour course covers various different areas of first aid for both babies and children, including life-threatening and minor injuries. The course is structured so each student gets the opportunity to practice life-saving skills with other students in a fun, welcoming and friendly environment. This makes sure students are fully prepared for any medical situation when they return to work. The course covers the requirements set out by Department for Education Statutory framework for early years foundation stage guidelines, published March 2017. The trainer will assess your progress over 2 days, meaning there is no need to sit an examination at the end of the course. Delegates will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years when they successfully complete this course. Aims Students will be aware of and be able to carry out their role as a Paediatric First Aider in their childcare environment.
First Aid – What do I need
It is recommended that employers conduct a new risk assessment regularly so that they select the most appropriate course and number of first aiders for their business. This involves consideration of a number of factors including hazards and risks in your workplace, number of employees, accident history, lone workers and distribution of workforce. If you are unsure on what first aid provisions you require, please click the link below to complete our requirements calculator. It uses up-to-date HSE recommendations to find the right course for you, quickly and easily. First Aid Requirements Calculator
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
- Assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (including the use of an AED)
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having a diabetic emergency
- Help a baby or child having an asthma attack
- Help a baby or child having an allergic reaction
- Help a baby or child with meningitis
- Help a baby or child having febrile convulsions
Who is the programme for?
Recently the government announced that all newly qualified childcare staff are required to complete a compulsory paediatric first aid training course. This means if you work in a nursery, pre-school, after school club, reception or primary school, you will need to have either the Full Paediatric First Aid or the Emergency Paediatric First Aid certification. These courses are crucial for anyone who has the responsibility of looking after children, so if this applies to you, please consider booking today. This course is accredited by The First Aid Industry Body (FAIB), a Trade Body who checks every registered Training Provider to ensure that they will always meet the criteria. This course can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you wish for an accredited course when booking. This course costs £700 + VAT for 10 – 14 people or £995 + VAT for 15 – 24 people. Please contact us to book this course on 01772 433080 or email us at email@example.com to make an enquiry.