Courses at Your Location
Manual Handling in Care Setting
Our manual handling in a care setting course is designed to prevent injury in the workplace, ideal for those working with the elderly.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
This manual handling training course has been developed for anyone that works in a care setting. You will be shown the best lifting and moving techniques that will prevent you from injuring yourself and others. Working in a care setting, you may need to lift residents in and out of bed or help them to move elsewhere in the home and it is essential that you know how to do this safely. We will also cover your responsibilities regarding manual handling and the legal legislation that you need to adhere to. Our experienced teacher will demonstrate the safest way to use equipment, as well as discussing how often these will need to be tested. The course will consist of a mix of tutorials, group chats and practical exercises. You will get the chance to ask questions throughout the day so that you are fully prepared for the assessment at the end of the training.
To help students develop useful manual handling skills which can be used within their workplace.
Following successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Recognise the risks involved in manual handling
- Reduce the hazards in your care setting
- Explain your role and legal responsibilities in detail
- Safely lift, pull, lower and carry using injury preventing techniques
- Outline company procedures and why they should be followed
- Provide safe lifting and carrying of vulnerable patients, e.g. older residents and those with back/joint problems
- Explain why it’s important to know your weight limits and the problems that could arise if you ignore these limits
Who is the programme for?
Everyone working in a care setting, like residential homes and hospitals, should consider taking this training course. It is also ideal for people who regularly take care of a family member or friend, who struggles to move around the home on their own. This course will give you the skills needed to prevent injury so that both you and the person that you care are kept safe.
To get a quote for this course please contact us on 01772 433080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your requirements.