Courses at Your Location
The Manual Handling course increases your knowledge and understanding of safe handling procedures, regulations and legislation.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
This course gives an increased knowledge and understanding of the reasons and necessity for safe handling procedures, regulations and legislation. It also covers the need for manual handling risk assessment and how this relates to improving health & safety. The course also identifies the principles, types of equipment and testing associated with manual handling safety. This ensures the safety of staff and clients alike and shows how these safe handling principles can be put into everyday practice.
The aim of the Manual Handling course is to increase the student’s knowledge & understanding of manual handling procedures within their workplace role. The course also lessens the risk of injury to self and service users.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to identify and describe:
- The reasons for safe manual handling in their everyday practice
- The importance of risk assessments and the significance in improving health and safety
- The principles associated with safe manual handling in their workplace i.e. the spine, back injuries and the principles of back care
- Individual equipment available to staff and safe usage
- Types of equipment and testing requirements related to manual handling safety
- Safe and efficient manual handling techniques
Who is the programme for?
The course allows students to apply safe handling principles to enhance their everyday working practice.
To get a quote for this course please contact us on 01772 433080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your requirements.