Courses at Your Location
Our Medication Awareness course covers various aspects of legal responsibilities and procedures.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK THIS COURSE
Our Medication Awareness course will take a full day to complete. During this time, we will discuss your legal responsibilities as a medication administrator, as well as the local policies and procedures that you will need to follow. We will also think about the most common medications that you will come across and the classification that applies to different types of medicine. Following the course, you will have a better idea of the side effects and behaviour to watch out for when you prescribe certain medications. Our experienced trainers will also explain why it’s important to keep medical records and the best way recording techniques, so you are able to do this effectively when you return to the workplace. If you find that you make a mistake when administering medicine, it is essential that you report it in line with company procedures. All of the information covered in this training session will prepare you for having to administer medicine in a care setting.
To improve the student’s knowledge and understanding of medicine so that they are able to administer it safely and accurately.
Once the course has been successfully completed, students will be able to:
- Outline their legal responsibility surrounding medicine in the workplace
- Store, collect and dispose of medication safely
- Administer the appropriate medication to patients
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Describe the different types of medicine and the classification categories that they fall into
- Identify the principles of safe medication handling
- Explain why it’s important to report mistakes following the correct procedures. You will also understand the impact that it could have if you fail to do so
- Recognise side effect so that you’re able to change the patient’s treatment if necessary
Who is the programme for?
Anyone that working in the healthcare sector and has the responsibility of prescribing, administering and storing medication is required to have the appropriate medical training. In the past we have delivered this training session to nurses, care workers and chemists, just to name a few. Please get in touch to find out more.
This course costs £480 + VAT for up to 8 people and £900 + VAT for 8-16 people. Please contact us to book this course on 01772 433080 or email us at email@example.com to make an enquiry.