Courses Held at Centaur
Mental Health Action Planning and Awareness in Children and Young People
Suitable for anyone working with children, or who wants to increase their awareness of Mental Health and how to support and manage it in the workp...
Module B1 – Mental Health Awareness
- Understand how to recognize possible signs and symptoms of a child or young person that has mental ill health.
- Understanding Mental Health and its stigma.
- Using a mental health action plan for those developing poor mental health.
- Know how to use a screening questionnaire.
- Recognise common mental health problems and know how to offer appropriate help for Stress, bereavement and loss.
Module B2 – Common Mental Health Problems
- Identifying specific mental health problems.
- Recognise possible signs and symptoms of the different mental health illnesses.
- Know how to use a mental health action plan to support someone with the following: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, OCD, PTSD.
- Appropriate signposting and knowledge of available support using the Stepped model of Care.
Module B3 – Suicide Awareness and Specific Mental Health problems
- Identifying more complex mental health problems.
- Recognise possible signs and symptoms of complex mental health issues.
- Know how to use a mental health action plan to support someone who is Self-Harming.
- Suicidal Feelings.
- Know how to use the Step Model of Care and how to access support from outside organisations.
- Making a referral to CYPMHS.
Awarding Body – FAIB
Course Duration – 1 Day (9:30 – 16:00)