Courses Held at Centaur
Mental Health Awareness
This course gives an increased knowledge and understanding of Mental Health problems and issues. It will provide students with the information necessary to ensure they support clients with a dual diagnosis of mental health and learning disabilities. This course is aimed at support workers who work with clients who have learning disabilities.
Programme Duration – 3 Hour (Half Day)
Assessment – Students will be required to complete an ongoing assessment throughout the course.
Aims and Objectives
Aims: To increase the students’ knowledge & understanding of mental health conditions and problems within their everyday role and give confidence to deal with clients who have a dual diagnosis.
Objectives: Students will be able to Identify & describe;
- Attitudes to mental illness
- Appropriate client support as required
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Use of appropriate communication and the difficulties associated with this
- General mental health conditions I.e. depression, anxiety, schizophrenia etc.
- Manage self-harming behaviour
- Use of appropriate documentation i.e. risk assessment & care planning etc.
- Support required for others