Courses Held at Centaur
Mental Health and Well-being in the Workplace
This 2 day course Mental Health and Well-being in the Workplace is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. It won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Programme Duration – 2 Days (9:00 – 5:00)
Objectives – At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognising possible signs and symptoms of a person that has mental ill-health or is suffering with stress
- Understanding Mental health and its stigma
- Using a Mental Health Plan to help those in crisis or need
- Finding external professional help and guidance
- The law in relation to mental health and the workplace
- Best practice when helping someone to stay in work or return to work
- Understanding of more complex mental health conditions
- Promoting well-being in the workplace and how you can become an Ambassador for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Information on self-care to aid prevention to help others and yourself
Once completed attendees will become certified with FAIB and will receive their certificate of qualification