Courses Held at Centaur
Mental Health First Aid
This 2 day course Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Programme Duration – 2 Days (9:00 – 5:00)
Aims & Objectives
Aim – At the end of the course you will be able to recognise the symptoms of mental ill health, provide initial help, guide the person towards appropriate professional help and be mindful of your own wellbeing
Objectives – At the end of the course you will be able to:
- To preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others.
- To provide help to prevent the mental health issue from becoming more serious before professional help arrives
- To promote recovery
- To provide comfort to a person with mental health issues
- To raise awareness of mental health issues in the community
- To reduce stigma and discrimination
- To improve own health & wellbeing
Once completed attendees will become certified with MHFA England as a Mental Health First Aider and will receive their certificate of qualification